Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Crappy Day

As explained to my sister via Facebook:

Ohhhhh. We miss you. We had a crappy day yesterday. We drove an hour and a half - one way for Jayme to take her driving test and we failed on a technicality - I never put the front license plate on my car because there was no bracket for it. When we moved here they said front plates were not required, so when I got my new car and there wasn't a front bracket to put a plate, I thought it was because it was a Texas car. Well, apparently they changed the law in the past year and now front plates are required. So, they wouldn't even let her take the test. Next appointment is September 13.

Then, I go back to staples for school supplies that are so specific it would make you crazy. For example: 6 yellow, plastic folders with brads and a note card holder - what?????? Of course they were sold out. So, we had to settle for yellow plastic three hole - no brad folders minus the note card holder. There were other things on the list. But this is where I get to the crappy part..... I was with Carsanne and Andrea and we got out of the car and I had to use the potty because I had already been in the car an hour taking Bryan and his friend to basketball camp in Plano and picking Andrea up from dance. We go to the bathroom and I ask Andrea to hold the baby. The bathroom smells gross but hey when ya gotta go.... Then Andrea screams, "She's leaking poop!!" What? Sure enough - Carsanne has poop all down her leg. And then Andrea screams, "Mom - its all over you!!!" Sure enough... The poop was all over my shirt. So what did I do? Peed, first of all, because I really had to go... then, I cleaned up the baby. Stripped off her poopy clothes. Tried to clean myself off but - it just smeared. So, I grabbed my hooter hider and draped it over the poopy part of my shirt so I could get all the crazy school supplies at staples and not have to go back!!!! I'm sure everyone in that store could smell me and I looked like a crazy lady wearing a cape that I tucked into my pants so it wouldn't fly up and smear more poop.

Life is an adventure!!!! But Jayme is pretty disappointed so you should text her a quick note to let you know you are thinking about her. This week has been overwhelming for her and she started seminary this morning.

Love you!!! Hope you don't have a crappy day!!!!

There was a bright spot to my day .... My visiting teacher brought me a delicious cake because she thought it was my birthday!!! I felt badly about the mistake - but it made my whole day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Can someone suggest the best hooter hider? I want to get a good one. I'm finding to spend up to $45 (but would prefer to spend less ;)

    hooter hider



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh.... the hooter hider - One of those, now why didn't I think of that items!!! I got mine from friends that were finished with them. I like having more than one - I have one in my bag and one at home. I searched online and target has a huge selection with tons of pricing and color options. You may want to check a local resale place too - if you are looking to save some money! Happy Nursing!

      Delete