Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas projects

I didn't get a chance to make many gifts this year - only 2. The first was a fun nativity that the kids helped me make. I went to my favorite craft store, Hobby Lobby and picked up a package of "men" (2 inch tall wooden figures with a round head and body - no arms) and an assorted selection of wooden knobs. We also got craft sticks to make the stable and manager. We made baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, 2 shepherds, an angel and 3 wise men. We also made 3 sheep, 2 oxen and a donkey. It was a lot of fun and a "hands on" nativity that Reagan played with all month. It was a good way to teach her the Christmas story.

My second project was a gag gift for my brother in law. He is a riot and has a great sense of humor. He also works in a fairly cold environment. I crocheted him a hat in his favorite college team colors and a beard. It brought a good laugh!

I wish I had time to make more Christmas crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment